The Benefits of Replacing Your Windows Before Winter
As summer starts to fade away and the nights get colder, you may find yourself thinking about window replacement. It could be a cold draft at night or a drop in temperature for your home, but ensuring that your home is well protected from the elements is key.
Whether you live in an older home with outdated windows or you’re simply interested in making your house more efficient during the coldest months of the year, window replacement can offer large benefits in the long-run.
5 Benefits of Window Replacement
If you’re considering window replacement but haven’t decided to commit to the process just yet, consider these five benefits:
- Window replacement will lower your utility bills
If your old windows are leaky, drafty or single-paned, replacing them can considerably reduce your utility bills. New energy efficient windows prevent leaks and drafts, they allow your home to consume fewer resources to stay warm which results in cost-savings for you.
- Older windows can be dangerous
As the temperatures dip, old glass becomes brittle and fragile. This can lead to broken windows and sharp glass fragments that put a home’s residents at risk.
- Outdated windows often contain dangerous materials
Windows in older homes may have frames and sills coated in lead paint. Over time, this paint can chip, presenting danger to young children and pets in the home.
- Window replacement can improve the look of your home
Old windows can be unsightly. Replacing them can significantly improve the look of your home and boost its resale value allowing you to enjoy the long term benefits.
- Older windows can result in mold and mildew
Old windows are commonly single-paned. This means they allow more moisture into the house than new, double-paned windows. Over time, this moisture can build up into unsightly and dangerous mold and mildew.
Signs It’s Time for a Window Replacement
- Leaking Windows that exhibit moisture condensation on the inside of the pane need to be replaced.
- Air flow If you can feel a draft through your windows, you’re losing heat and will benefit from a window replacement.
- Loud outside noises Windows should insulate and mute sound. That being said, you may need to replace your windows if noises from the outside are exceptionally loud.
While many homeowners avoid window replacement, replacing your windows before the cold weather sets in is an excellent way to save money and energy, and will help keep your home toasty, warm, and efficient this winter.
Contact Green Energy of San Antonio today to get your home’s windows improved and enjoy year-long energy saving benefits.